Business services for financial institutions
As a trusted location for global business services financial institutions like Danske Bank, Western Union and Nasdaq, alongside much of the Scandinavian banking sector, Lithuanian offers a strong results driven base for Financial Service providers. Here you’ll find talent who not only exceed expectations but drive innovation – Danske’s Lithuanian team was responsible for designing and creating the banks popular online banking app MobilePay, now used by 90% of Denmark’s smartphone owners.
Reasons to choose Lithuania
1. Talent pool
2. The largest Fintech hub in the EU
10thin Global Fintech RankingSource: Global Fintech Index City Rankings 2021, Findexable
1stLargest Fintech hub in the EU in terms of licensed companiesSource: EUCLID Register, European Banking Authority, 2020
1stGlobal ranking of Vilnius in the Tech Startups FDI Attraction IndexSource: FDI Intelligence, Tech Start-up FDI Attraction Index 2019
3. Prudent and forward-thinking regulation
The AML Centre of Excellence – a prime example of Private and Public Partnership (PPP):
The AML Centre aims to:
- Create a dedicated information exchange platform ensuring proper risk identification and management;
- Carry out studies, assessments and analyses; preparing guidelines, recommendations, methodologies and legislative initiatives to improve the AML/CTF framework in Lithuania;
- Assist private sector entities in conducting internal AML/CTF risk assessments;
- Strengthen competencies of public and private sector staff in the AML/CTF field, and organise workshops, seminars, conferences and other events;
- Publish information on the implementation of AML/CTF measures in the country.