- Functions: Development, manufacturing and distribution products for the life science market
- FTE: 895 (Dec, 2019)
- EST: 2010, Vilnius
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
Thermo Fisher Scientific came to Lithuania in 2010, when the company acquired a leading Lithuanian biotech company Fermentas for 260 million USD.
Now Thermo Fisher Scientific Vilnius site (Thermo Fisher Scientific Baltics, UAB) has world-class capabilities in manufacturing products for the life science market, specifically in molecular, protein, and cellular biology, and has an outstanding research and development (R&D) center, focused on the development of new products in all aspects of molecular, protein, and cellular biology. These products are broadly used worldwide to study gene structure, expression and variety, to create new diagnostics methods for innate, hereditary and infectious diseases.
Currently Vilnius site employees nearly 900 people in a variety of roles including 100 researchers making this one of the largest private R&D centers in whole region.
- Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence, 2017
- The highest Business Reputation Index in Lithuania, 2016, 2017
- Investor of the Year in 2016 by the leading business daily
- Employer of the Year in Lithuania in 2014 and 2012 by the Ministry of Social Security and Labor
- Algimantas Markauskas honored as The Manager of the Year in 2015 and 2013
- Numerous Social Responsibility Awards